Pet Supplies Plus Pays it Forward with Food & Toy Donations, Announces 4 Months of Additional Shelter Support
Neighborhood Pet Store Franchise Sets Goal to Sponsor at least 500 Pet Adoptions in Communities Nationwide.
LIVONIA, Mich. — Known as America’s Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store, Pet Supplies Plus has outlined big plans to give back in 500+ communities over the next four months. Local outreach initiatives include:
- July: Pet Supplies Plus has partnered with multiple pet food brands to provide shelters, rescues and adoption organizations around the country with over 16,000 bags of cat and dog food valued at over $200,000 and more than 17,000 pet toys, valued at over $180,000.
- The food and toys will arrive in Pet Supplies Plus stores the week of July 5-10, to be delivered to organizations near and dear to the local store’s heart in the days following. Partners involved in the initiative include Blue Buffalo, Stella & Chewy, Science Diet, Diamond, Natural Balance, Nutri Source, Whole Earth Farms, Nestle Purina, Mars Petcare, Wellpet and KONG.
- August: Pet Supplies Plus will partner will Hill’s Science Diet to help support the Clear the Shelters initiative, which is a community-driven, nationwide pet adoption campaign dedicated to placing pets with the perfect animal-loving home.
- September: The brand, along with local store owners and operators, also established a goal to sponsor at least 500 pet adoptions come September. The neighborhood retailer, celebrating a growth milestone amid the opening of its 500th location, plans to help at least 500 pets find their forever home, by covering their adoption fees or related expenses.
- October: Pet Supplies Plus locations across the nation will host local adoption events in-store to honor National Adopt-A-Shelter Dog Month – with surprises in-store from pet partner, KONG.
Pet Supplies Plus offers a wide array of natural pet foods and a variety of Made in the USA pet consumables, such as wet and dry food, treats, rawhide and chews. Set in welcoming neighborhood environments, Pet Supplies Plus team members get to know their neighbors and pets by name at every store.
“Pets have the power to bring people together and provide comfort and joy in the homes of our neighbors and within their communities,” said Chris Rowland, Chief Executive Officer of Pet Supplies Plus. “We wanted to leverage the relationships we have with our network of generous pet partners to help support local organizations and shelters facing extra challenges right now. We’re incredibly humbled to have the platform and ability to support our neighbors and their pets through these outreach efforts. Given our neighborhood and community focus, we felt it was the most appropriate way to commemorate our growth.”
In an effort to offer more convenient shopping options for pet parents, the majority of Pet Supplies Plus stores nationwide are offering delivery services, bringing pet food and supplies directly to homes, as well as free 2-hour curbside pickup. While pet parents can still go into the stores to shop, they can also order online and drive to their nearest location, where a team member will bring the items to their vehicle.
About Pet Supplies Plus
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With nearly 500 locations in 34 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Headquartered in Livonia, MI., Pet Supplies Plus is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s Annual Franchise 500® list as the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength, growth rate and system size. For more information visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.