Near the end of 2020, I started another new podcast with my colleague Mike McDowell, director of operations at Social Joey. Mike is a Certified Facebook Ad Buyer and Business Manager, and we chat regularly so Mike can update me on new Facebook changes and how these changes will affect Franchises and small-business owners. By Jack Monson
Near the end of 2020, I started another new podcast with my colleague Mike McDowell, director of operations at Social Joey. Mike is a Certified Facebook Ad Buyer and Business Manager, and we chat regularly so Mike can update me on new Facebook changes and how these changes will affect Franchises and small-business owners. We thought it would be helpful to the Franchise community to record our chats and share them as The Facebook Franchise Podcast.
Here’s a cheat sheet of some of the tips we’ve shared so far this year:
- Check out Facebook’s new Click to Call Ads. Now with Traffic Campaigns, you can run traffic directly to phone calls so customers can call your location with one click. It’s a great way to get orders instantly and get an immediate return on your ads.
- Look for a great new feature for small businesses and franchisees called Facebook Shops. If you thought your business was too small for e-commerce, or don’t have traditional products to offer, try this easy new shopping platform to get instant sales directly on Facebook.
- Stop worrying about gaming the algorithm. Success on the Facebook News feed is all about how engaging your content is, not for just anyone, but for specific individuals in your community. Think about what your customers want that will lead them to more engagement and ultimately a purchase.
- There is new limit on political conversations and posts. This means that there will be a big void in some consumers’ news feeds. Think about the kinds of relevant, helpful, hyper-local community news your business can share to fill that void.
- Schedule Facebook ads during TV shows popular with your customers and then target those fans of that show. You will basically replace TV ads when viewers reach for their phones while watching or during commercials. Using this method, you can reach a show’s top audience for pennies on the dollar of what the TV advertisers are paying.
If you want to hear full details about these tips, find them all at socialgeekradio.com/facebookfranchisepodcast.
And, Mike and I will be LIVE with MFV Expositions at Franchise Expo Nashville, May 7 and 8! We’ll be podcasting and answering questions from entrepreneurs about marketing challenges. See you in Nashville!
– Jack Monson
Jack Monson is the host of the Social Geek Radio Network, home of the number one podcasts in Franchising including The Franchise News Podcast and The Facebook Franchise Podcast. Monson is also the Chief Revenue Officer at Social Joey and has been working with franchisees and small businesses in social media marketing for 13 years. For more information, visit socialgeekradio.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.